Monday, August 3, 2009

Being Home

"Welcome Home!" is all I heard since I've gotten back to Asheville. Home is a lot of places to me. Home is where I called home for two years in Thailand still. Home is where my parents are and I grew up. Home is here in Asheville amidst the mountains, hippie-ness, and church family. Home is where my heavenly Father is and where I'll join him one day.

It was just such a good feeling receiving all the hugs the last few days and pinches to check to be sure I'm really standing in front of them. It's nice to know that though everyone's changed, home is still here. Even when I move halfway across the world for two years, I can still come back to this. This is a comforting feeling as I continue living in this home, and look at going back to my other home in a year or so. God always gives us a home here and has one ready for us with him.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I had no idea how much I missed you and love you until I saw you this morning! I hope we have time to spend before school starts - maybe one of those "before school starts" Tupelo Honey times!