I hopped houses for most of the holidays, between the Henrys and the Veldhorsts. Looking back, I've been adopted into quite a few families in my lifetime. Some would say I'm a "moocher" or more nicely put, just a "wanderer." I greatly enjoy the times I spend absorbed into other families. I'm grateful for a team that absorbs me. The second time around, Christmas felt more like Christmas here. I think part of that was the family I have around me. And part of it was helping with the preparing food, cooking, washing dishes, getting up early to play Legos with a favorite kid, watching endless hours of Pirates of the Caribbean, drinking wassail while watching Little Women surrounded by girly gils, and sleeping long hours. I thought I'd share a few of my cooking creations with you!
Pocahontas Deviled Eggs (named for the celery leaf stuck out the top which makes it look like my great-cousin, Pocahontas!)

My Mother's Pasta Salad
2 comments:
Love the Pocahontas Deviled Eggs (Even though you are NOT related to her...) and the pasta salad looks delicious (coming from someone who does not like pasta salad). Great job!
PLEASE send me the recipe for your pasta salad!
Post a Comment