Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Three Wonders of Thailand

Have you heard we have the New Seven Wonders of the World? I was teaching about famous monuments in English class on Monday. For need of excitement in the classroom, I encouraged the students to write up the Seven Wonders of Thailand, since Thailand was not included in the new Seven Wonders of the World. With only thirty minutes, they only were able to make Three Wonders of Thailand. I myself have only been to one of the three. I thought I'd let you see their final choices.

Temple of the Emerald Buddha "Wat Pra Gew"

"It was built in 1782 by King Rama I. First, it waws built for the ordination of monks. Then, it kept the idol, the Emerald Buddha, up to now. That is why we call it the Temple of the Emerald Buddha."
Thailand is known for its beautiful Buddhist temples, very elaborate in artistry.

Pae Muang Pee Forest Park

"Department of Forestry declared this area to be a natural park in 1981. There's much vegetation here and wild animals. It's located on the peak of a mountain. The rock was scoured by water for a long time."
Thailand has amazing wild animals we've only read about in books in America. And the parks are amazing too. Never been here though.

Good Island (not sure if this name is taken in literal English)

"It's located in Trat, the east of Thailand. It's a white sand beach and beautiful green water. We recommend you to go between October and May. It's the best season."
The islands and beaches of Thailand are really awesome, but I haven't been to this one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That temple is so pretty! And that park is really cool!

Holly said...

How about we go to Good Island this weekend? I could use some beach weather! Our low's might reach single digits this weekend!