Yesterday, we headed over to visit at Mahathai again. In hopes to deepen our friendshps there, Tang and I decided to stick with visiting one family each time we go. Usually, we wander around visiting everyone and never any really long conversations.
We went over to Nok's convenience store on one of the corners and sat with her and her friends (her name means "Bird" in English). Nok is struggling with cancer and her friend, Dance, sitting there is struggling with the recent death of her father to cancer. Dance spends most of her evenings drinking beer at Nok's shop to be "less serious" and be "more fun." We often talk about life and get into spiritual conversations. Usually, it starts when I invite them to prayer meetings we have there on Wednesdays. She said she'll attend once she stops drinking, because she knows God wants people to do good things and he'll bless them. Tang and I try to encourage her in how Jesus came for us because none of us are perfect enough to be accepted by God ourselves. We cannot do enough right ourselves. Of course being under the influence of alcohol, Dance didn't care to think deeper, but I was thankful for our time together. Please pray for her and Nok. We're headed over to eat with them on Sunday. I'm making spaghetti!
No comments:
Post a Comment