Sitting next to the window on Bus 46, dazily staring out the window I was. Hot day but the wind was blowing strong as we drive down Bangna-Trad Road. After a long day, I'm headed to the mall for some research time at Starbucks. Up ahead, I see the Central Mall approaching. Someone has already pushed the button with a "Beep!" signaling the bus driver to stop at the next bridge. I wake up from my half-consciousness to stand in the line by the bus door while the bus is still moving. The bus brakes and I am propelled forward with into the lady in front of me. I say "Ka Tort" and try to back up. I forgot to hold on. No one stares at me and everyone is quiet. Don't we love Asia? I can't believe I was so dazed I forgot to hold on! When I got to Starbucks, I shared the story with a couple friends there and laughed hysterically.
This story really was hilarious in my head, but now as I write in on my blog, its not so funny. Sorry for that.
2 comments:
Some things are just lost in translation - but I get the visual my friend! Hold on next time!
It's a good story though.
Post a Comment