Highlight of the evening: Screaming like Aerosmith at the end of "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." Yes, in our small karaoke room, I broke loose while singing Aerosmith into the microphone. Yes, I think I might have slightly scared the English students hanging out with us that night. But that was a moment I felt like myself here, that and when I was playing soccer barefoot on the beach on my birthday. No, we didn't stop with Aerosmith, Rachel and I also scared them when we dueted Avril Lavigne's "Complicated" too. But, hey, the rest of the time, we laughed at the videos while trying to follow the Thai words of the Thai songs.
Good times with English students. These are the same ones we spent a long weekend with on Elephant Island. I recently checked out in our registration book, how many new English students showed interest in learning English through the Bible, and I have about twenty names. Please pray for us to wisely consider how to start another Christianity class, and when, and that God would recruit many more English teachers to our team.
2 comments:
I'm sure they were taken aback! Crazy farangs! :) I'm glad you got to be yourself!
Melanie, I MISS YOU.
Today there was a crew of us at church and your blog came up... and so four of us girls started singing "Complicated" at the top of our lungs in the sanctuary.
It was incredible... the only thing missing was YOU!
hugs. lots of 'em.
Post a Comment