Thursday, June 19, 2008

And they call this work?

Its hard to have come from a teacher schedule to a missionary schedule. I mean, I'm real happy to not wake up before the sun anymore, but I struggle with feeling productive since it's different here. There's a lot of hanging out happening at night. I can be a night owl again.

A few weeks ago, we went out with a couple guys that are great friends of ours, and are showing interest in Christianity. We went to Sizzler to eat the salad bar, because it was cheap but special. Wierd American logic. Well, we each went back to the salad bar between three and five times. Team, on the far right, confessed at the end of the meal he wasn't even a fan of lettuce! I ate my first quail eggs. Yes, they're normal, but just the name made me slightly hesitant. I'm not sure if the Thais were full at all afterwards, but it was a good time together. Then, we watched a movie together.

Pray for Wit on the far left and Team on the far right. Pray that we can help them understand Christianity and their interest grows. Many people become friends with us for a while and then disappear. May our time with them show them God's love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a GREAT time! And yes, I agree with your "schedule issue" - very strange, very different. Even more incredible, however, is the Ronald McDonald on your side-bar. Incredible!