I was given permission to use my head while playing volleyball yesterday! We've started playing at the park some evenings with a bunch of old and new friends. Right beside us, they play a sport that we don't have in the States. Its a combination of soccer and volleyball I'd say. The most awesome banana kicks of all times are shown there. And last night, the guys then came over from that game to play volleyball with our gang. They said I could use my head! So, instead of lobbing it over with my hands (which never really works), I used my head! Pretty fun!
When I was playing soccer in high school, my mom found an article in the paper about soccer players getting bad SAT scores from too many headballs....well, no more SAT's, so I'm clear!
2 comments:
Is this the game you mean? I remember reading about it when I was a kid and thinking it looked awesome.
You can use your head in volleyball here too, but we don't encourage it because not many volleyball players can control it! As long as it's within your three hit limit! It's fun to practice though and a volleyball isn't as hard as a soccer ball. Just thought I should weigh in seeing this is my "job."
Post a Comment