During our John Bible study last night, we were playing a fun game on the couches. The girls were blocking their faces with pillows so we couldn't hear them discuss the answer. So, I grabbed another pillow and hit them all right on their heads in the middle of their little circle.
Then I realized the mistake I made. I touched their heads! In Thailand, heads are very "sacred" parts of the body because they are the closest to the heavens (forgive me for not explaining so well). So, we don't touch heads at all. If someone's hair is pretty, you don't dare touch it or play with it. Nope. If you go to the hair salon, the stylist will apologize first before touching your head. It was three good Thai friends of mine, so I'm sure they forgave me. But for a few moments, they were red faced from embarrassment.
1 comment:
A pillow fight does sound like fun! Sorry for your mistake. I miss you and wish we could have a pillow fight!
Post a Comment