Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Miss...

I dreamed about Thailand Saturday night. Then I woke up Sunday to a sweet message from my friend J. She took a picture with my young friend, S., and sent it to me. A heave of grief came over me. Every day, a different person finds me on Facebook to say they miss me. I miss them too. I do.

Please pray for Thailand. I know its hard for the church to see so much missionary staff turnover. I know God is still working there and the country is in desperate need of all of our prayers.

Please pray particularly for my friends and I as we continue going through this grief of losing each other. So many goodbyes. So much grieving still to go. I think the grieving process has only begun. I hate this part. I am tempted to just not make any more friendships because friendships always seem to have to end. I know that's not completely true and it's definitely not how God wants us to live. I'll get better. But I thought I'd share with you how I'm doing now.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Praying for you during this LONG and hard adjustment. I know it hurts!

Crystal said...

I am praying for you too, Melanie...and just as you gave yourself patience to adjust to Thai life/culture, you need to give yourself patience and grace to adjust to living here again and having that ache in your heart for the loved ones in Thailand.
And, I totally understand what you're saying about making friends...I have gone through the same struggle. We love you, dear sister.