Thursday, September 29, 2011

State of Currie Address

5 Weeks in the U.S. as of today.

Eat, Sleep, Teach. That seems to be all I am able to do right now. When I add in any more to my list, I go into a tailspin kinda' like Goose in Top Gun. So, getting myself into the house that I have leased or test driving a possible car are difficult tasks to add in. Let's not even consider the possibility of keeping up any regular friendships at this point.

Would love your prayers. To add God into this address, I think of what I've been reading from His Word lately. I just started 1 Kings, where Solomon asks God for wisdom to be a ruler. Though this request is revered, the best request made to God by a leader is found in Exodus when Moses asks to know God or in Timothy when Paul asks to have fellowship with Christ. So, amidst this "State" I am in, I continue to come before our Lord refining my requests to the basics. I'm always and continually grateful that God knows me and desires to fellowship with me.

1 comment:

Emily Routon said...

Hi Melanie I am still following your blog and life... Im amazing at your commitment to yourwriting dispute your crazy existence!! And keep making ofriends...