Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Isaiah 40-49

While in this land of support-raising, I feel like I can become quite inward-focused and selfish. I decided to put in some more extended prayer time once a month. Today I went to the camp I grew up attending to walk around the lake. The memories of my time there remind me also of how God has grown me.

I followed up with a suggestion in a book I'm reading, "Read Isaiah chapters 40-49, and highlight the passages where God speaks His purpose and plan. Meditate on each passage. Pray these Scriptures back to God, thanking Him for his sovereignty in your life as you make your requests to him."

I only got through Isaiah 42, quite awe-struck even by the first words of the first chapter. What a reminder of the magnificence of our God!
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand and marked off the heavens with a span, enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance? Who has measured the Spirit of the Lord or what man shows him his counsel?.... Isaiah 41:12-14
It just goes on and on taking me out of myself and looking the glory of the Lord and how he desires for it to be revealed!

No comments: