Friday, February 12, 2010

Creative Dreaming

Last night, I dreamed that I was saving some Haitian children. Yet, while in the middle of the task, my body slowly began to become paralyzed. Finally one of my teammates ran in. I screamed, "Save the kids!" while laying on the floor helpless. I can't be sure about the ending, but I think the kids are alright.

I tend to have the most creative and suspenseful dreams while in anxious seasons of my life. As I keep thinking about this dream, I recognize a few flags. Yes, I am being called by God to help him do mighty work in Thailand. (And lots of it involves kids!) Yet, this support-raising season does make me feel paralyzed. I cannot do the work I feel called to because I'm stuck here support-raising.

Now those feelings are feelings, not based on the truth of the Gospel. The truth of the Gospel is that the Lord is sovereign over all our lives. The kids of Haiti and Thailand will be saved through him however he chooses. I am not the Savior, Jesus Christ is. And this support-raising season is a calling as well to share the work of God with the people of the US. I am calling other people to become partners with me in my mission. But that dream, weird as it was, unmasked some of my anxiety.

No comments: