Sunday, February 14, 2010

Familiar with the Land

I got an email today from an American man who'd just returned from his father-in-law's funeral in Thailand. His father-in-law had been a Thai pastor. Kindly enough, he wanted to share with me his recent experiences. I thought they might grab the attention of some of you desiring to understand the Land of Thai better.
He talks about what passage he shared at the funeral and how he's seen the country change.

Habakkuk 1:4 says that the "law is paralyzed" (ESV). One of the reasons that laws get paralyzed of course, is because the righteous try to live by their good works, then they discover that it's an impossible task, and they give up trying to obey the law altogether.

20 years ago, I was not very optimistic about God working mightily in Thailand. But with the [recent events], I believe that maybe people will figure out that trying to live their lives by good works won't work, and that there will be some kind of revival, and I believe that the revival has already started. Let's pray for this revival in Thailand led by the Holy Spirit. It is good to hear someone else share the same hope as me.

No comments: