Oh, the lovely aisle full of Thai food. I just walked up and down that aisle staring at all the bags and bottles feeling like I was reunited with old friends. Sadly, I must confess I can't cook Thai food. Yet with all that food around, I did buy some and will attempt it. In my arms were my purchases-fish sauce, jasmine rice, green curry, tom yam soup mix. Transition Alongside of Me: A Former Missionary Returning to the U.S. of A.
Friday, January 8, 2010
Thailand in Ohio
Right near Cincinnati Ohio, you will find the coolest grocery store/amusement park around. There are separate aisles for every region of the world! My friends and I, while getting together for New Year's, went touring Jungle Jim's!
Oh, the lovely aisle full of Thai food. I just walked up and down that aisle staring at all the bags and bottles feeling like I was reunited with old friends. Sadly, I must confess I can't cook Thai food. Yet with all that food around, I did buy some and will attempt it. In my arms were my purchases-fish sauce, jasmine rice, green curry, tom yam soup mix.
Oh, the lovely aisle full of Thai food. I just walked up and down that aisle staring at all the bags and bottles feeling like I was reunited with old friends. Sadly, I must confess I can't cook Thai food. Yet with all that food around, I did buy some and will attempt it. In my arms were my purchases-fish sauce, jasmine rice, green curry, tom yam soup mix.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
what fun! but how outrageously priced is that durian! Who would pay that???? I guess desperate SE Asians, huh?!
Praying for you and am going to call you...
love yah!
Hi Melanie! We met in Malaysia. I came back to the States from Chiba July 17th for HMA, and can identify with so very many things you've written about. This is an odd place to be - trying to settle in, but not wanting to settle in too much. I hope you keep experiencing sufficient grace each day as you tour for the Land of Thai! ~judith
it should be a requirement to receive reentry into the us you learn how to cook thai food so all your american and alaskan friends can enjoy the deliciousness...
Post a Comment