Transition Alongside of Me: A Former Missionary Returning to the U.S. of A.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Loss in the Family
I wanted to ask you to pray for my family with the loss of my granddad this morning. He's been struggling in health this year, particularly after his heart surgery last week. This morning, he peacefully passed away. The funeral is Sunday in Taylorsville. It is sad to have lost my granddad but I'm thankful to be home in the US to share the loss with my family. Thanks for your prayers. Granddad is in heaven now, with no more suffering and pain. I am thankful for all the great memories I've had with him. Some of my best include going fishing at the nearby pond with him. He would patiently help me put corn on a hook, as I fished for brim with my stick and string fishing pole. Granddad was a kind and patient man who will be missed by me and my whole family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for you, Melanie, and praying for open doors during this time. We love you,
crystal
Post a Comment