I was given this CD by a supporter that heard two missionaries speak about their work in Thailand. The words touch deep into my soul and my yearning for the people of Thailand. I hope you will forgive the length of this post, and enjoy and join in the prayer this man wrote for the Thai people.
Rain falls but the land remains a desert.
The people smile while sadness fills their hearts.
The sun shines as darkness covers the nation.
While freedom rains, captive souls starve.
Lord, I long for them to know your mercy.
And you long for them to receive your love.
For lives that are barren and thirsty,
are only quenched by your waters above.
Rain your love on the people of Thailand.
Pour your Spirit in their hearts.
Shower them with your living water.
Let them see your face, know your grace,
Show them who you are.
Men robed in unrighteousness mock the truth.
While people quote them fear, they search for peace.
Bowing to idols they seek new life,
But their worship only sounds a hopeless plea.
Lord, I long for them to know your goodness.
And you long for them to take your hand.
As the rains fall from your holy heavens,
bringing life to this barren land.
Rain your love on the people of Thailand.
Pour your Spirit in their hearts.
Shower them with your living water.
Let them see your face, know your grace,
Show them who you are.
How can they receive what they never heard?
How can they hear unless we preach?
For your name to be glorified in all the earth,
we must take your living water to the weak.
Rain your love on the Kingdom of Thailand.
Jesus, come and reign in their hearts.
Shower them with your living water.
Let them see your face, know your grace,
show them who you are.
Jesus, come, reign in their hearts.
3 comments:
I LOVE this song...Gregg Nicholson wrote it...do you know him or of him? He is still in Thailand. You probably know this already. His wife, Julie, and I were good friends when I was in college.
Isn't that funny? All us Campus Outreach people are like: GREG!! Dave is friend's with him still, I bet you could meet him someday.
Just had coffee with this famous man....will make sure you meet him when you return :) Wait to you see my lyrics...they will come out when my blog comes out :)
Post a Comment