Thursday, November 19, 2009

Translating Waitresses

Great presentation tonight. You'll be surprised what sort of information I was able to give out tonight besides sharing about what God's doing in Thailand. After the presentation, one guy came up to me to share about his experience at their local Thai restaurant. He likes to order his Thai food without rice. Each time after he orders that, he hears the waitress telling the cooking staff, "my cow." Not understanding them, the man wasn't sure if they were saying something bad or what. So, he asked me. I was able to reassure him that the waitress is saying "no rice" in the Thai language. She wasn't saying anything bad about his cow or his order. I'm glad to be of service. I think a few of us from that church are all going to go out for Thai food soon.

Aside from that, I love being a missionary for this church. They have always prayed so faithfully for me over the years. They knew my face. They remembered when I came to speak two years ago. They prayed for Thailand when I finished the presentation. I know, without a doubt, they will remember to keep me in their prayers. How blessed am I to have such amazing prayer warriors.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

that's funny, Melanie! I am sure the guy was relieved to know they were just doing their job! =) Did you mention that not eating rice is a bit odd????