Friday, November 13, 2009

Highlights on the Road

Hailing from Charlotte today. Last night, I gave a presentation to a small group at the church I grew up in. What a blessing to see the faces of people that have helped raise me since I was in first grade.

My parents were able to come to my presentation last night. What a blessing! My mom said she was able to understand a lot more of what I was doing from that. My dad was so happy to see me present, on the way home he stopped at Wal-Mart to buy me a laser pointer! "Can't have my daughter pointing at a screen with her hand when she could have a laser pointer for only $2!," he said. I have been encouraged to share the tough parts of being a missionary during these presentations too. One of the toughest parts is being away from my family for so long. I got teary-eyed sharing that while my parents were in the room. They did too. But more than anything, that showed them how much it hurts me too to be away from them. I'm so thankful that God provided that opportunity last night.

On a funny note, I received a normal question over church dinner, "Did you enjoy the Thai cuisine while there?" Yet one friend of mine added, "especially the special dish called....CAT!" Everyone likes to ask if Thais eat dog and cat. :)

No comments: