Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beetles, Lizards, and Squid...

...the three essential parts of any presentation about Thailand to children. What a fun evening! I drove to a Missions Conference in Denver, NC to get acquainted with that church and speak to the children. Here's some comments made by them as I went through my slides...
Melanie: What do you see missing in this picture? I am trying to help them see the kids are in the truck going to church without their parents.
Kids: Seatbelts!


Melanie: This is a type of bug found in Thailand. I'm thinking I know more than them, which is always the wrong assumption.
Kids: That's a rhinocerus beetle! We have those in North Carolina.

Melanie: Last week, this is what my neighborhood looked like. In Thailand, a lot of rain came at once and flooded the streets.
Kids: Thai people must all know how to swim!

Really, I thank God for helping me communicate God's heart for the nations to those kids. It was a blessing to me and them. May they know the power they have to pray for the world and to share with their friends the hope they have in Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

..remembering back to when I spoke to the VBS kids about thailand.."Umm, miss rachel, do they have ketchup in thailand?"