Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thai Phone Calls

Yesterday I attempted to call my new English students on the phone IN THAI. I called one guy thinking he was a girl, which left us both confused. And I called another, thinking he was somebody else, and once again, left us both confused. But, hey, somehow seven people showed up for class last night, but sadly, neither were those two people I called in confusion.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking another language is one thing, but speaking on the phone is a whole 'nuther beast! It's quite a challenge. You don't realize how many cues you get from peoples body language! It's always a discussion when we want to order pizza - whos turn is it this time?

Ryan said...

Hey! i just was thinking about you today, and was telling a friend how grateful i was that i had a tv that i didn't have to pay for. so that being said, i wanted to thank you for letting us use it! how are you? how is thailand? when are you coming home to see us? are you married yet?

Tiger 🐅 said...

Hi,
I like what you do in Thailand. Guess what? I went to Warren Wilson College from 1975-1979 and AB-Tech in 80-81.

I miss living in Asheville a lot. Now I live in Los Angeles.

I teach Thai language to older Americans at Wat Thai of Los Angeles.

Cheers!

Dara Sutthisuwan
darathai@gmail.com