
Kieow and I in charge of Field Day
Last week, we hosted our first Kids' Camp! The main objective was to give the youth from Mahathai the opportunity to lead! With a junior staff retreat and devotions daily, these eight teenagers were given knowledge about the Word of God and how to be good leaders! Sixty kids showed up for the week of fun including Bible stories, swimming, a trip to the museum, and Field Day! Coming from the three slum communities in our area, the government housing community, and all over! Praise God for the opportunity to share Him with so many kids and through that, their family!





Favorite parts:
-Fried Chicken every day- the explanation I got was "Kids like it!"
-being a ferry for two hours escorting kids back and forth across the pool and not understanding much of anything they said to me
-the Jr. Staff response to water games, "Won't the heat cause wet kids to get sick?"
5 comments:
very, very, VERY cool
Definitely a blessing to read this, Melanie. Keep up the good work!
Melanie,
I LOVE the pic of Faa with the little boy having a three-legged race...she looks SO happy! Praise God and thanks for the post.
What a GREAT day!!!!
Looks like fun. I love the part about asking if wet kids will get sick. The Thais would always say that if they got rained on, they would get sick.
Post a Comment