I started my prayers when Ying's mom threw the chicken feet into the sweet curry that I was stirring for dinner that night. Ok, ok, its really not that much of a stretch compared to guinea pig in Peru or a cow tongue in Mexico.
Ying's dad says they're easy to eat because your mouth is a machine. In goes the chicken foot and out goes the bone. Ok, I tried it. In went the chicken foot. My mouth said, "This is food?" and out went the chicken foot. I couldn't find anything but bone! I failed. But I did attempt.
The machine mouths...
-In goes the chicken foot, out comes the bone.
-In goes the watermelon, out come the seeds.
-In goes the shrimp, out comes the tail.
-In goes cherry stem and out comes the stem in a knot (no idea, but its gotta be easy for them here!?)
The trip was great fun, pictures to come. For now, I'll leave you with an interesting fact, squid eggs have high cholesterol, so limit your consumption.
2 comments:
Happy New Year to you too! Are you back home now? And you ate squid eggs? I'm impressed. Especially after the face you made with the squid sushi in Japan! Love you!
I've heard of motor mouth before but this is a new one. Thanks for your blog....informative but also helps us laugh a bit amidst the tears :) Your a blessing to this team...
dave
Post a Comment