Saturday, January 12, 2008

Good News Through Noodles

Jesus ate a lot with people, I've been thinking about that lately. He ate at Pharisee's house, at Lazarus's house, and with Zaccheus. A lot of the conversations I've had this week have been at noodle shops eating as well. Across from our office on the corner is one noodle shop that we stop and eat at even if we're not hungry so we can love those people who work there. Naa is about to have a baby in a month and the baby's not growing too fast because she must work so much. Pen and she both have shared the struggles of that with us. I pray we may show them the peace that comes from trusting God with life's struggles.

Also across from my house is another noodle shop. I stop often to say hello and wave because they see me leaving and coming back to my house everytime I do everyday. The lady, Boom, struck up a conversation about her interest in Christianity the other day with me. And that has led to some great conversations since....and great moments for my roommates to be strengthened in sharing about God with their fellow Thais, since my language limits me. My job is to sit, smile, pray, and eat my noodles.

No comments: