I just got off the phone with my family. Though I wasn't present for the unwrapping, I got to hear it happen. I talked to God about today a lot. After reminding myself that He knows my heart, I just upfront said today was going to be hard. But I don't want to wish this holiday away due to the difficulty. I don't want to busy myself to indifference. I don't want to cry the whole time either. The Lord met me there.
Wierdly enough, He encouraged me with reading about the Israelites in the wilderness. I always learn a lot thinking about that. They complained about where they were. They complained about what they had to eat. They were in fear about all the things God promised he'd do because they just couldn't believe He'd do it.
I'm here, and its because God purposely took me out of my home to use me here, like He took the Israelites out of Egypt. Though home looks more appealing at times, and I have to depend on God's provisions that I don't understand here and I don't get very much control of, He's over this. Just like how the Israelites left camp when God's cloud led them out and set up camp when God's cloud stopped over an area....I must just see how God moves....and right now, it's be being here. So, I'll use my time to pray for Thailand. One day, may the Thais celebrate Christmas, not go to school or work, and sing about Jesus on this day! And may I remember all the great things God's doing here. Just look at all the posts so far!
5 comments:
Merry Christmas my dear friend - from one wayward child to the other. Erin
merry christmas dear melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i love you!
Thanks Melanie. I am glad you got to talk to your family on the phone. That's very goo.d
Merry Christmas, dear friend! I thought about you over these holidays - I'm sure you have had your moments. But I am refreshed by your blog, your tender sensitivity to the opportunities around you... you challenge me to see those points where we touch the culture and hopefully leave a fingerprint that counts. We love you and miss you!
Post a Comment