Just completing the last Harry Potter book has found me once again identifying with book characters. Let me set the stage...Ron has just rescued Harry Potter from drowning and kills one of Voldemort's horcruxes (if you haven't read these, just stay with me as best you can). He's sharing how he feels with Harry Potter, the hero of many such adventures.
"That sort of makes me sound a lot cooler than I was," Ron mumbled. "Stuff like that always sounds cooler than it really was," said Harry, "I've been trying to tell you that for years."
It does sound pretty cool that I've traveled all the way to Thailand. It makes me sound much cooler than I really am and than this experience seems. I try to imagine a globe and myself on the other side of it than the US. It doesn't feel like that. And I'm the same. Just a bit overwhelmed, confused, and slower. I bet Paul felt like that in the Bible. His adventures for the Lord sound amazing, yet while He was living them, it was just life around him.
2 comments:
That's a good thing because I love you just the way you are! :)
That's a good thought - even if it is from a heathen book...lol. Stay the course and Courtney says remember one day at a time!
Post a Comment