When I was asked which one would do,
Your blue glinted at me and I chose you.
I sat down with you when you were oh, so young,
only 231 miles of yours had been done.
Together we've been through the ups and the downs,
the twists and the straight aways around town.
Sometimes others have treated you bad,
beaten you up, gotten us both sad.
Yet each time we know that there's more to us,
Than you being a car and me being thus.
Oh, Ellie, my Ellie, for once you can't come,
as I travel far, unless you can swum.
I leave you in the hands of my bro,
knowing you'll be cared for while I go.
In the next two years while we're apart,
Know that I'll hold you dear to my heart.
3 comments:
Very moving.
Ellie will miss you. You always took such good care of her, even when she broke her butt!
LOL! i was trying to figure out who ellie was-that was so fun. thx for the humor!
Post a Comment