Friday, August 17, 2007

The Thai Currie Identity

While preparing to be a missionary, I've been trekking through the Bourne books. I really want to watch the third movie before I leave, but have to watch the first two first. Last night and this morning, I watched Bourne Identity.

So the credits run and I get out of bed with the credit soundtrack song still playing in the background. mmm, cha, mmm, cha...Always makes me feel like I can identify with Bourne. Self talk begins, "Alright Melanie, its time to be a missionary." Four days. Its time for final mission preparations.

Dude, I wonder if all missionaries feel like this four days before liftoff. Hudson Taylor went all by himself! Wow. Time to weigh all suitcases to fifty pounds each. Time to say farewell to past contacts. Time to identify people on the other side to pick me up. Yep, Bourne can do it. So can Thai Currie.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Melanie - you are my hero! So...let me know when you see the third! It's incredible! Madison loved it! We don't have four days, but we have nine days! We are right behind you my friend! yikes! Here's looking at you!

Crystal said...

Hey Melanie,
Just want you to know that you will be able to watch the third movie here without many problems...American movies are easy to come by on this side of the world!
Also, We can't wait to meet you! We are praying for you as you leave home and fly here...we'll see you soon!

Unknown said...

Go Thai Currie. I love that Bourne is helping you muster up courage.