Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Least Favorite Email

I woke up at 5am for language school and got a message from my sister, "Call home as soon as you can." I was worried about what happened at home. I called and Mom's in the hospital. She has two blood clots in her lungs. Surgeries often cause blood clots in patients, and she had surgery last Friday. Thankfully, my mom recognized her shortness of breath quickly and headed to the hospital. She will be okay. I am so thankful God protected her and took care of her.

One of the difficulties as a missionary is being away from family, especially when emergencies happen. This morning, while praying about that, I was reminded of David's words--"I will fear no evil, for You are with me" Psalm 23:4. I must not fear what emergencies may happen with my family in the future, but remember the important part. God will be with us as our strength and support.

Please do keep my mom in your prayers as she heals from both her knee surgery and the blood clots in her lungs. Thanks.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Praying for you and for your mom.