Monday, November 15, 2010

Gobbling Next Week?

Thanksgiving is around the corner, but of course no one celebrates here. In order to explain the holiday, I feel like I have to figure out how to say pilgrims and Native Americans in a politically correct way that would make Americans happy as well as a historically accurate way to make my history professors proud. So, I resort to not explaining it at all.

Amongst our team, we are asking one another what we're bringing to Thanksgiving dinner. Because our team celebrates it as "The Day to Thank God". I believe we've got someone to make the pumpkin pie which is all I care about! We try to attempt to make a dish that is traditional to each teammates' family meal. Then we'll be less homesick and enjoy fellowship-ing together. I enjoy heading over to my teammate's house to help her cook. So, next week is around the corner! My Thai teammates have been talking about mashed potatoes for a month now! They are also excited about this strange eating holiday of America's. :)

No comments: