Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Goodbyes


The goodbyes happen tonight at my goodbye party. This morning I walked around to tell everyone at Mahathai I was leaving. The people were so encouraging to my sadness. One lady said, "Don't worry, we won't go anywhere. We'll be here when you get back." And another lady said, "We feel better about you leaving knowing you're being a good daughter going to visit your parents." Just at the points of tears, their words help ease the leaving. Yet I'm sure tonight, the tears will fall. It has been a blessing to be here. The challenges and learning have been an uphill journey, but that must be how we reap the most. Thank you for tracking my blog during my time here. I pray that it has blessed you by seeing God's kingdom across the world as well as seeing life as a missionary. See you on the other side soon!

6 comments:

The Sooz said...

I hope we make reentry as smooth as they are making your exit.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your transition! Can't wait to hear your stories first hand!! I can't believe we have 2 years worth of catching up to do!!!

trmills said...

What a beautiful sweet picture! We will miss you, friend and auntie...

Kim said...

Precious picture! Happy Adjusting! I'm sure there is a gapping hole left in Ram 2!

Anonymous said...

I know they will miss you...I only spent a week with you and miss seeing you so I am sure this will be hard for you and them! We will be praying for your trip home and your time here. We would love to come and get you when you are able to come over to our side of town! Be sure to call when you can!

Crystal said...

Praying for you, friend! Hope to see you sometime soon for your cross country (or Eastern Seaboard) car trip with Rachel!!! We love you and love what God is doing in and through you...Godspeed