Transition Alongside of Me: A Former Missionary Returning to the U.S. of A.
Monday, July 27, 2009
They've Grown!
I visited the church I've grown up in today, Back Creek ARP in Charlotte, NC. What a crazy feeling to know I've been there since I was in first grade. My parents picked that church for us because our Sunday School teacher gave us gum and the pastor's prayer didn't make us all fall asleep. That's what I remember at least. As I found people to sit with today, I noticed they were all sitting without their kids. The youth were on a mission trip to Mexico. All those kids were first graders when I was a senior in high school. I taught their Sunday School class. That same year, I went on the Mexico mission trip and felt God's calling to return as a missionary. Now those same kids are taking their first international missions trip. Praise God. May he raise up more servants from that trip this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment