Transition Alongside of Me: A Former Missionary Returning to the U.S. of A.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Going Back on a Pagoda
Part of re-entry supposedly is getting used to people's comments upon your return. I haven't had much experience with that yet, seeing this is my 6th day in America. But while Rachel and I were having breakfast at the Holiday Inn, a nice elderly lady sat down with us at our table. Shortly into the conversation, we told her we were in Atlanta for debriefing as missionaries from Thailand. I explained that I'd be here for an evaluation week as a missionary candidate to go back long term. She replied, "Candidate? What are you going to be doing? Being in a bathing suit competition? If you even want to go to Thailand, they should let you. They should seat you on a pagoda with four oarsmen and take you there!" Hahahaha....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What does that even mean? Interesting woman.
Post a Comment