
Yes, yesterday at the park, I was asked this question. I went running while it was raining. By the way, lots of frogs were out there to dodge. Anyway, afterwards, I was at the weights area with one other guy. Most the time, Thais don't go outside when it rains if they can help it. So, it was just the two of us. He stared at me for a while and then asked me if I fight muaythay, which is Thai boxing. Hilarious, but I calmly replied, "No." My roommate says a lot of foreigners come here to fight Muaythay. Well...I'm not one of them.
3 comments:
Too funny! I know - no one here runs - so seeing a gringo running through the streets of La Ceiba gets the same strange looks! But boxing never has been a question I've been asked - I'm thinking I just don't look like a boxer - too old - too flabby - ah well.
What? You're not a Thai boxer? Women forang from America could be Thai boxers, too.
oh. that. is. hilarious. Andrew already told me this story and I still think it's funny reading it now. too, too, funny. I would like to be mistaken for a muay thai boxer. maybe I can work on that in the king's park this summer?
Post a Comment