Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Took Another Step

I turned in my applications to Mission to the World yesterday to start the approval process for career missionary status. The Session at my church approved my calling. It is really happening! I feel like Peter when he saw Jesus walking on the water, and jumped out of the boat and started walking himself! That's the lesson I taught in Sunday School last week. Isn't it great that Peter took a good few steps on water with excitement following Jesus? After those few steps, he looked away from Jesus and freaked out. He started sinking and screamed for help. At times along this missionary process, I definitely look away from Jesus and freak out too. But yesterday, through God's power, I took a few more steps on the water. Please pray for the process and my phone interview the first week of June.

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You I do trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I lift up my soul to You.
Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies;
In You I take shelter.
Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Your Spirit is good.
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
-Psalm 143:8-10

3 comments:

mikepettengill said...

right on

Unknown said...

Woohoo! 'nuff said!

Barbara said...

Hurray for you! God bless you as you persevere in the process of going full time.