Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Puppet Show about my Blog

A pastor's wife, while searching for material to interest children in missions, strayed upon my blog. She has written the funny puppet show from some stories on my blog. I thought you'd enjoy reading it...(I don't think its been copyright'd yet, but you can ask me if you want the name of this gifted writer.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Snoozing puppet....finger taps him on the shoulder
He wakes up.
"Huh? Ughhh, where am I?"
Voice "You’re in Thailand."
Puppet "What am I doing here?"
Voice "You were dreaming of becoming a missionary. Perhaps you’d like to see what it’s like to be a missionary in Thailand."
Puppet "Really?! Oh, boy! I’m looking around, but I don’t see anyone... all I see are..... are those monkeys?!"
Voice "Yes, they are."
Puppet "What are they doing? Whoa! Look out!"
Puppet ducks back and forth, like he’s dodging falling coconuts.
Puppet "Why are they throwing coconuts at me? What’d I do?"
Voice "Come over here out of the way."
Puppet scoots over but still acts like he is a bit wary.
Voice "Those aren’t just monkeys, they are farmers."
Puppet "Now wait a minute, I know a thing or two about farming, my dad’s a farmer! And those monkeys are definitely not farmers." He ducks. "Why do they keep throwing those things?"
Voice "Here in Thailand the monkeys help the farmers harvest the coconut crop."
Puppet "You’re kidding! But where are the farmers now?"
Voice "They are staying out of the way, so they don’t get bonked on the head with a coconut."
Puppet gets bonked on the head with a coconut. He swirls his head around in a circle like he’s dizzy. "G-o-o-d- i-d-e-a" "Hey, look that was the last one. Are those guys who are picking up the coconuts and loading them in trucks the real farmers?"
Voice "You guessed it! Now look over there, do you see someone who looks different from everyone else?"
Puppet "You mean that tall girl over there? With blond hair?"
Voice "She’s the one. That’s your missionary."
Puppet "A girl missionary?"
Voice "Yes, that’s Melanie Currie."
Puppet "Who is that girl she is walking with?"
Voice "That’s Kieow. She is a native Thai. Melanie spent the Thai New Year with Kieow and her family. Kieow is the only Christian in her family. She’s happy to have Melanie there to help her tell her family about Christ."
Puppet "Can we follow them and see where they are going?"
Voice "Sure let’s go. That way you can really see what it’s like to be a missionary in a foreign country."
Puppet "It looks like they are going towards that house. Hey cool it’s up on stilts!"
Voice "Houses here are not only built on stilts but they are open all around with big windows. When Melanie stays with Kieow she wakes up early to sound of crowing roosters."
Puppet "Growing up on a farm you have to get up early too, so at least I’m use to that. And I wouldn’t mind living in a house on stilts. Wow, look around the yard, banana trees, mango trees... I don’t think I’d mind the food around here either."
Voice "Let’s look inside, I think they are going to have a meal together now."
Puppet "Wait a minute! What is that?! Are those f-f-frogs? Is she going to eat them?!"
Voice "Yes. If Melanie didn’t eat their food, it would be an insult to them. But if she does, they are overjoyed and accept her as one of the family. Those are some of the sacrifices a missionary has to make in order to get to share the good news of Jesus with them. Hey, you’re looking a bit green like a frog yourself! I think it’s time you went back to sleep. Maybe you should dream of being a missionary in another country!"
Puppet "Good idea. I’m just gonna lay my head down a-n-d r-e-s-s-s-t." Snore!

2 comments:

The Singlers said...

Melanie - that is great!

Holly said...

I hope they video tape this puppet show because I want to see if it matches the one in my head. How awesome to have your own personalized puppet show!