Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good Morning,Vietnam!

Yes, I woke up this morning in Hanoi, Vietnam. My first day of a five-day vacation with two teammates. While walking down the road, I barely missed a lady throwing water down from her third floor balcony onto the street! I tried to buy cheese with our baguette, and I swear the salesguy motioned (no language similarities) that we would throw up if we ate it. Lastly, we visited the "Hanoi Hilton"-- home of many Thai prisoners during French colonization and American prisoners during the war here. More on that later. Having a good time, talk to you when I return to Thailand.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome experience! So glad that you are taking some time off! Next week is Semana Santa (Holy Week) here in Central America,and everything shuts down. Not really going anywhere, but enjoying the time off!

Unknown said...

Glad you are getting a little down time.