Thursday, March 27, 2008

Food Poisoning Strikes Finally!

My whole Vietnam trip proved without a food problem. All digestive process were working fine. Then I get home, celebrated Easter, and a great tonsil infection takes over swelling up my throat from out of nowhere. Right before the doctor visit on Tuesday, I start feeling pretty nauseous and dizzy. The doctor tells me that I have tonsilitis AND food poisoning! I almost laughed. It seems that the food brought in to take care of me while I was sick got me sickER! Well, down for the count, and finally back up and moving. The doctor says that during hot season, I must be much more careful of what I eat from the street because the food ferments and contaminates quicker. Pray for that, because I almost always eat from street vendors!

I am thankful that the food poisoning went out the other way and I didn't throw up! I'm now much more intelligent including the five books, three Newsweeks and 1 People magazine I read while in bed. And during my odd hours of insomnia, I found the sounds of street dogs howling and fighting on my road under my window a much more normal sound. Just don't make me think about fried pork for a long time.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

AARRGGGHH!!! So sad my friend! I'm sorry for your troubles! Will say a prayer for you this morning!

Holly said...

Glad you've bounced back from this one so quickly! Be wary of anything with fuzz on it! :)

Melissa said...

So great that you are feeling better! Good luck with the street vendors!

mikepettengill said...

ick....poor little Mel

Border Ray said...

Oh my...

helen henry said...

Dear Melanie,

It was fun to finally meet you in person. I am sorry you got sick. Sounds almost like what I had while at Phi Phi. UGH! Not fun!

Im glad you are feeling better.

helen