Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Reason to Wake up in the Morning

I went to the night market a couple nights ago to search out an alarm clock. The night market rocks. Billions of stands are out selling everything. Shirts are displayed with English writing that makes no sense. I love that. Used shoes for only a dollar! You can even go behind a curtain and get a tattoo or lay down in the open for a foot massage.

We found alarm clocks in one shop, with a little girl being the salesperson. Buying it quickly, I realized once home that I had no clue how to use it. My roommate tried to explain it to me but decided she was too tired to speak in English and passed me off to my other roommate.

Now I am daily woken up by a blare to the tune of "It's a Small World." Who would have thunk? I have yet to find the volume button.

2 comments:

The Sooz said...

I hope you like that song. Sounds like you will wake up to it for the next two years.

Rachel said...

hiarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! girlfriend, i would LOVE doing the night market thing with you. bring me back one of those cool t-shirts, and i'll take you out to Tupelo when you get home!

well, i'll take you out to T anyway, so let's make it juicier... i'll take you out to Tupelo for DINNER! (oooooooh)