The other day I took my first motorcyle taxi alone to the really beautiful King's Park near my house. I had a good time jogging around and then hailed a taxi for the way home. I thought of all the right words to say for "turn right", "Through the intersection", "Yes, I am from America." Then we approached my house and I tried to say to "stop here on the left." Then we passed my house. Then we did a u-turn in the middle of the road. Finally, he figured out what I was throwing my arm at towards the right and stopped at my apartment.
My neighbor next door with the front door restaurant and the fruit stand guy across the street got a real laugh from watching me pass them, turn around, and come back. I tried to tell my neighbor what happened. Then she screamed across the street to tell the fruit stand guy. We all laughed. Then I realized I was still standing in the middle of the street and about to be run over by motorcycle taxi! :)
2 comments:
This made me laugh Melanie, I love it. the poor taxi driver was Thai homework for you.
See, you made it home, though, didn'tcha!?!
Post a Comment