Friday, November 2, 2007

The Eternal Summer

What's the weather like here? Hot. I think that's why people don't use that as a part of regular conversation like in the US (or maybe I just can't understand them if they are talking about it). But at the same time, they do say we're approaching the cold season. Right...the cold season. At the doctor the other day, he said I might have had the flu, because of the season change. Season change, right. Whatever. But I am liking the lack of rain, my flip flops don't splash oil mud on to all my clothes.

Friends are asking what to send me for Christmas? Christmas? But its summer? And my teacher friends just sent our their first report cards? Nine weeks already? Wow. I seriously missed a whole leaf change-over? Are these two years going to feel like one big short-term summer mission trip? I wonder if they'll play "White Christmas" here?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel ya! I keep wondering how it will feel to have such a "hot" Christmas. Somehow it just doesn't have the same feel. Will be weird listening to Christmas music in shorts :-) Erin