Monday, October 8, 2007

A Pain in the Ear

Yes, it was like having a softball stuck in your ear and you just can't reach it. That's how the ear infection has felt this weekend. I was down for the count for the whole weekend.

Yet good things came out of it. My team prayed for me on Sunday. I don't think I've had that many people pray for me over an ear infection before and it was really special to know that they had. I went to the hospital in Thailand for the first time. Before you freak out, know that people go to the hospital for routine checks here, doctors don't have offices it seems. The ear doctor was nice but should speak up, especially for all his deaf, or partially deaf, patients. And also, God reminded me of his protection and care for me. Last time I was at a hospital in a foreign country was in Honduras after a tragic truck accident. Every time I've been hurt and "alone", God never leaves me alone. Community is awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

keep us posted on your "ear issue" - we will be praying for you too! Erin

Rachel said...

ok, LOL that you had a quiet ear doc and i'm also wondering "what good things came out of your ear." like really delectable cottage cheese perhaps??? ;)