Saturday I decided to take a stroll through this place I call "home." I have to take odd leaps between sidewalk and street over puddles. Upside down crates are used as medians for motorcyclists to walk on as they park their bikes in the puddles along the side of the road. A truck rolls by and hits the board that is bridged over a puddle causing a crazy splash that makes me grab the guy's shoulder beside me out of surprise. With an "excuse me," I think I was forgiven. I get almost to Mahathai slum, where our church ministers and reach the lake. Yep, water prohibits me from getting there because my shoe is already pure mud.
That makes me think of the people who live in the squatters shacks in this community near us. The government gave them this land to live on but its practically swamp land. That causes sickness and difficulty in travel during this rainy season.
This weekend, our church takes the Mahathai community on a retreat. 80 people are coming, all families! And VERY few of those are attending our church plant. Pray that the Lord may meet those people and speak into their lives.
2 comments:
that is so exciting! i pray the Lord would bless those 80 families with physical and spiritual rest. thx for blessing them! let us know how it goes.
Speaking of mud, see the link attached. Kinda sobering, and gives credence to your being called to the Bangkok area.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304044,00.html
Post a Comment