Thursday, October 18, 2007

Class Pictures!


My first Thai class is finished! Pictured above is a wonderful class who included me in the newcomers to Thai community and joined me in the adventure of beginning a new language. Coming from all over the world, I made some great friends, some of which will stay with me on to Module 2. I passed my first test involving a five minute Thai conversation with a fellow classmate and a written test of twenty questions, reading comprehension and vocabulary based. Thanks for your prayers. I'm amazed that I have learned so much already and so thankful for the chance to learn this language. Dichan chop rian pasathay mak. (I love learning the Thai Language!)






Field Trip Day!
The second to last day of class, we put our new Thai skills to practice by heading towards a market/residential area on the river front. Given ten questions, I interviewed a sweet lady, pictured above, in Thai about her family, what she had for breakfast, and what she was going to do tomorrow. Being given the change to walk along the sidewalk next to the river, past people's indv. businesses/houses while canal taxi boats passed was an awakening experience. An awakening experience to their lives and to my need to go out, make relationships, and practice my Thai!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

congratulations for passing, melanie! i bet you loved being a student after being a teacher for so long. and i love hearing your heart here. love ya! (tagged ya on my blog, btw.)

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! You GO GIRL!! Erin

newcityjim said...

Melanie!!! That picture with your whole class...wow...you look like you fit it well.

Congrats on finishing the class!

(By the way, do you know how I can "subscribe" to you blog?

mikepettengill said...

man...you're tall!

Melissa said...

Great job! I'm so proud of you!

The Riddles said...

Looks like a happy group. New faces in new places, and the smiles abound!