Ok, so this guy totally drew his own personal bubble for me on the subway the other day! It was rush hour and I was so squished that my feet couldn't even find places to be. I was doing a very strange balet positioning with my feet where one's facing forward and the other is sideways. Anyway, so then my one sideways foot is itching, so while holding on the rail, my own ballet pole, I lift up the other foot to itch. This really buff guy with shades on (those subway shades where no one can really see you) to my right taps my shoulder. I look over and he says "Excuse me" and then with his hands, draws his own little personal bubble space that I'm assuming I invaded! How crazy!
I feel like my personal bubble is invaded often here, or at least my personal schedule, my personal abilities, and my personal way of doing things. But, hey, that's the mission field, is what I hear! This week we're learning about team dynamics. We did this exercise where we had an assignment of running around the whole city preparing in advance for a year long mission team. We were observed like fish in a fishbowl to see how we react, handle conflict, and lead in the experience. I thought we were doing well, but come to realize, I still have some things to know about asking everyone's opinions and being task-oriented under pressure rather than process oriented! Welcome into my personal bubble, may the fun begin!
4 comments:
great post melanie, welcome to blog world!
one question, how did that guy think he had enough space to draw his own personal bubble? how odd!
Imagine what life will be like when we have our own kids...absolutely no personal bubble there...hope you press forward and make room for yourself in the wild city of NY!
i just pulled your blog up and nathan smiled at your great smiley picture! just wanted you to know i love ya and am awaiting your next post!
Hey Mel if you want a big bubble move to ALASKA. You can have the biggest bubble imaginable.
Post a Comment