Friday, July 20, 2007

Are you a team player?



In efforts to help us with working in teams, MTW has us in lots of teams over this month. Pictured is my mentoring team--at least most of us. The family at the end of the table is ministering to a Muslim refugee community in Georgia. The blond on the right is going to South Africa. The blond gal on the left is going to Mexico. Our mentor on the left, Susan, meets with us individually weekly and in a group to process the experience with us.

I feel like this month has been a trial run of the real thing that begins August 21. In small teams, dynamics can be difficult. I have noticed my trigger moments and am getting better at working on them and knowing their causes. Some key trigger moments: finding directions, hot weather, and even hunger. Surprisingly, I like to be the one who's right!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Interesting... I should think about trigger moments often.

It's neat to see some of your team. I love you and am praying for you bunches!

15010 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
15010 said...

Melanie,
Not sure if you will remember me or not, but I work in the MTW office and I took your prayer card picture. I am also in NYC this summer for MTW but not for prefield but to lead short term mission teams. WHere are you at? I minister in Washington Hts and "live" in midtown. Hope you enjoy the rest of prefield