Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What It Takes to Leave the Country

Today marked the first weekday where I didn't have to wake up at 6am and think about my lesson plans for the day. Instead, I am going through a list of what I must do to leave the country. I am writing my Visa application. I have gotten my dental records in case of death, I may be identified (morbid, I know). I do also have to make a will. Appointments are being made with every possible doctor to check me out between now and departure.

By the way, I was propositioned to enter the profession of face painting in case this doesn't work out :). On Friday at a local minor league baseball game, I was acting really silly. Mostly it was delirium from cleaning out my classroom. I, and my coerced followers, asked the balloon man to make us all balloon hats, mine being the most embarrassing of them all. The balloon man, through our conversation, gave me his card and said if I ever seriously thought of face painting as a career, he'd get me connected with birthday parties. So, I smiled, returning to my seat, and absentmindedly watched the baseball game while poking all fans around me with the six balloons poking out from my head. No worries, still pursuing missionary work. Just thinking of balloon making and face painting as side hobbies. :)

No comments: