After many hugs, snapshots, and speeches, my fifth graders walked out of the school yesterday graduating and starting a new life for all of us. And I didn't cry. I survived the "Ready to Go" graduation song without a tear visible on my face. Until last night, while going through which of the four corners of the state will my belongings be sent to at the end of this month, I cried. My mom said I might want to throw out that old mattress I've slept on since I was old enough to have a full bed. I just started crying over that mattress I don't want to give up. But more, crying because I'm giving up a lot right now and I'm not sure how to do it.
So, in the coming weeks, I expect crying at the random drops of a hat. But as a friend said last night, now's the time to "lean on the Lord." So, that's what I'm doing. And I'm just letting myself cry and be nervous and be excited as my departure for Thailand approaches.
1 comment:
I love you! I just want you to know that! It's ok to cry and God is doing amazing things through you right now. Don't try to figure it out, just trust Him. Lean on Him. He'll do the rest.
Post a Comment