Sunday, June 17, 2007

Being "Put Out There"

While celebrating my nephew's third birthday today, the subject once again was approached of what I was doing in the future. Why wouldn't I be excited to share my missionary plans with anyone? Honestly, I'm a people pleaser. A great strength and sinful tendency that desires me to say things to please others. Therefore sharing that I want to be a MISSIONARY definitely has its touchiness and tenacity. Of course, God knows that about me. And I have repented countless times and asked for help in changing. You know how He does it? With these countless conversations about me becoming a missionary.

Just the last few months alone have brought such amazing conversations about God and my interest in serving Him thanks to being "put out there." I am grateful. Grateful for every day until the end of school that I had to talk about it. Grateful that my mom wants to share with the people getting pedicures beside us in the nail salon about her daughter's plans. Grateful for the Muslim guy at my birthday party who wanted to know why Asheville wasn't my permanent home. Though each step in life is scary, the outcome of learning to share about how much of Jesus affects my life is so worth it. Thanks God.

No comments: