I woke up late today by a phone call from my co-teacher asking if I was okay. Late to school! It had already started! Oh, the hazards of an alarm clock. I jumped up, got ready, and headed to school.
Once I arrived, I greeted the students and sat them down for reading small groups. As I sat with my group, I thought to myself, "Something's not right, but what is it?" Then I realized it was my shoes. I was wearing shoes! Just like the Thai sleep-talking, once again my brain reverts back to Thailand. I couldn't wear shoes inside when I taught there. My brain was telling me I was doing something wrong today too.
And then during the staff meeting today, I kept sitting with my foot on my other knee. But my brain kept telling my leg to come back down, that was impolite. In Thailand, we never show the bottom of our feet to other people. So many changes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment